Sat, Jun 11|
Prescribed Grazing-Designing a grazing system to meet your goals
Join us for a fun day with like minded ranchers to learn how to build sustainable grazing systems.
Time & Location
Jun 11, 2022, 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM
Vitera Ranch, 14129 Vitera Sand Rd., Bremond, TX 76629
About the event
Participants will learn about
- Establishing stocking rates and grazing periods in a rotational grazing system
- Improving forage quality & quantity to reduce the need for inputs
- Practices to enhance water access
- Improving food & cover for wildlife
- Working with USDA Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS)
- Accessing funding through USDA NRCS
Participants will gain hands-on experience determining amount of forage available and establishing grazing periods including livestock numbers, timing, and duation.
Breakfast, lunch, gatorade, and water will be provided.
*This workshop is part of a series of workshops hosted in partnership with the Council for Healthy Food Systems and the USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service. Participants who attend at least 4 workshops and 1 partnership meeting will be eligible for a $500 participant stipend.
Ticket for Prescribed Grazing Workshop
This ticket is for speakers at our workshops. Your meals are on us. Thank you for joining us!